Somehow, I made it through June. July seems to be just as stressful, unfortunately. Let’s see if I can’t do something about that.
Meanwhile, July goal check-in:
- Cut 16% from what we’ve been spending on groceries.
- Make the breakfast muffin recipe twice each week, once as muffins and once as coffee cakes.
- Make bread twice each week.
- Add more soups to meals.
- Get a fall garden planned and planted.
- Take two recreation days.
- I made a meat run the other day and picked up mostly sale cuts. It was nice to leave the store with four bags of groceries and know that I had enough meat to get through nearly a week. It was also nice to get beef. I have been buying a lot of chicken to save money and, while I love chicken, I also love beef. We’ll see where the grocery tally ends up at the end of the month.
- I’ve made two batches of muffins and one breakfast cake. I have some apples thanks to that grocery run and may just end up making a nice apple cinnamon coffee cake.
- I’ve made bread once so far this week. Maybe tomorrow. Today’s a holiday.
- I made beef stew last night. Nobody touched it. Long story. Gonna make vegetable soup as a side for tomorrow night.
- No progress.
- None yet. We’ll probably go out for fireworks tonight so that may count.
Gonna keep plugging along.