Here are the goals:
- Cut 16% from what we’ve been spending on groceries.
- Make the breakfast muffin recipe twice each week, once as muffins and once as coffee cakes.
- Make bread twice each week.
- Add more soups to meals.
- Get a fall garden planned and planted.
- Take two recreation days.
Here are the outcomes:
- I seem to be doing okay here, but I really won’t know until the end of the month. This is yet another tight month with massive (to me) medical/dental bills and a car repair looming. Keep your fingers crossed that the car works out to be a cheap fix because I honestly don’t know what I will do if it isn’t.
- I’ve backed off on this. Its popularity has waned and been replaced by whining about how we always eat it.
- I seem to be hitting once per week, but not twice. It is truly a time thing.
- I am trying. Sadly, they are not being well received.
- Nope. Although I am working on the yard. I also have a tree that’s about to come down and I expect to use some of the sawdust/debris from that as part of a lasagna layer for the fall garden. I also discovered that two little pea plants I thought died weeks ago have begun to flower. They are tiny and adorable.
- Sort of. We went to a graduation party and saw a lot of family that we haven’t seen in ages. I’ll come up with something else somehow.
I’ve also worked through significant portions of the crafting/sewing projects that need to be completed this month. At times, I feel chained to needle and thread, but the end results are definitely worth it. The materials cost is high, unfortunately, but I am couponing like crazy to bring that way down.
Gonna manage somehow.