Goals are just wishes if you’re not working toward them and measuring your progress. Eh, forget the inspirational crap, I promised to hold myself accountable here, so here goes. Goals:
- Cut 16% from what we’ve been spending on groceries.
- Make the breakfast muffin recipe twice each week, once as muffins and once as coffee cakes.
- Make bread twice each week.
- Add more soups to meals.
- Get a fall garden planned and planted.
- Take two recreation days.
- Success! I came in about $40 under my goal. I don’t know if I would have succeeded had there not been the whole car repair/medical bill situation to suck every penny dry and make me borrow money, but it happened so there.
- Gave up. It didn’t take long for the kids to get sick of me doing this so I’m cutting back on it.
- Success but not. I don’t necessarily make bread twice each week. Some weeks, it’s only once. Others, it’s twice. But I’m doing a good job of determining when I need to make it and working with my schedule. I’ve also started doing a cinnamon bread (loaf or bubble loaf) at the same time which is getting gobbled up.
- Tried. Kids got bored quickly. Gonna aim for 1-2 times per week, but not stress if it doesn’t happen.
- Nope and nope. Fuck.
So, I made it money-wise, but didn’t get the whole plan down. I did evaluate my goals to see what works, what doesn’t, etc. It’ll be a boon for the August goals.