July sucked financially. The car repair, the medical expenses, the other stuff. It was too much. I had to borrow to cover most of those “extras” and now I have to pay that back, which isn’t making this month any easier. And car insurance is due.
With all that happy news in mind, why not look at the month?
- Maintain the grocery costs at the July goal level.
- Continue making bread once per week plus more as needed.
- Add small smoothies to meals at least once per week. They’ll basically be treated as drinkable sides that make use of produce sales.
- Get the fall garden planned and planted before it’s too late.
- Rough out an early spring garden bed so I can be ready to go with those first, early veggie plants.
Where I stand:
- Not sure. I’m hungry enough to feel like I’m on par or below. Should probably check it out.
- Right on target with this one.
- Yep, yep, yep. At least every couple of days. I’ve been focusing on fruit smoothies, but am hoping to incorporate some veggies without too much trauma.
- I roughed out a 2’X2′ patch that is pretty much ready for seeding. I’m hoping to get that done this week. I’d like to get another patch or two going if possible.
- Not yet. Focusing on getting set to grow now before getting set to grow later.
Well, that’s it for now. I’m babysitting for a friend tomorrow which means getting up before dawn. Gonna try to sleep.